Lead Mechanical Designer M/F
Contract typeFull-time (100%)
Co-founded in 2017 by Bertin Nahum, Quantum Surgical is an innovative surgical robotic company that develops a unique mini-invasive surgery solution dedicated to liver cancer treatment by percutaneous ablation.
Our platform combines robotics, image analytics, and artificial intelligence to enable physicians to better plan, treat, and evaluate their interventions.
This pathology is the second deadliest cancer and affects 840 000 persons each year in the world.
We are looking for a Lead Mechanical Designer to take charge of the hardware architecture of our Epione® device within the framework required by the medical device regulations.
Your missions will be the following:
- Technical referent of Hardware development team
- Collaborate with System Lead System Designer & Software Lead Architect to ensure technical consistency
- Define, design and implement a sustainable HW architecture to support the company’s business strategy
- Lead technical solution to ensure quality and requirements compliance
- Participate in product risk management and product failure mode analysis as Safety Referent of Hardware development team
- Contribute to the translation of user needs into product requirements and then into technical and functional specifications of the system, while ensuring the testability of each element and managing the life cycle.
- Define user requirements and product usage scenarios by participating in technical meetings with design surgeons and collecting customer feedback on products under development.
- Contribute to the organization and execution of hardware verification and validation tests in collaboration with the design and test teams.
- Collaborate with the quality teams to ensure compliance with current procedures and with the regulatory affairs teams for the preparation of accreditation files (particularly Europe, USA and China).
- You have an engineering degree or 5 years of higher education in Mechanics & Hardware or equivalent.
- You have at least 8 years experience as a Mechanical and Hardware Engineer, ideally in the Medical Device sector or in a highly regulated environment.
- You have multidisciplinary technical skills (mechanical, mechatronics, electronics).
- You know how to work in a team and you have been a technical referent on different subjects.
- You master the development environment of complex medical devices (ideally in surgical robotics) as well as the associated regulations (Electrical safety IEC 60601-1, EMC IEC 60601-1-2, biocompatibility ISO 10993-1, cleaning ISO 17664, sterilization ISO 17665, …).
- You master the definition of needs/requirements/specification, the definition of hardware system architecture, validation methodologies from unit verification to final product validation, risk analysis such as FMECA.
- You know how to work independently with a high level of involvement and proactivity.
- You are efficient and used to dealing with the unexpected with an excellent analytical and problem-solving mind.
- You are results-oriented, pragmatic and know how to alternate between various tasks.
- You are committed to delivering on time and know how to work with strong planning constraints.
- You are rigorous, curious and have the ability to work in a team.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ideally you are used to working with Agile methods.
Working at Quantum Surgical means
- Joining a talented, dynamic and multicultural team whilst being part of the technological and human adventure of a company in full evolution.
- Sharing our culture of innovation, team spirit and result-oriented
- Taking up technical challenges
- Benefiting from a competitive compensation (fixed salary + variable, BSPCE)
Diversity is one of our strong beliefs. We therefore carefully study every application without any consideration that could be related to either physical or moral characteristics.
Apply for this Job
Send us your name, email address, the job title you are applying for and a text version of your resume :