Quantum Surgical, an innovative medical robotic company, announced today the expansion of its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) with the appointment of Pr. Thierry de Baere, Head of the Therapeutic Imaging Department at Gustave Roussy, first cancer center in Europe.
The Quantum Surgical SAB is a multi-disciplinary board composed of international experts in the field of image-guided interventional oncology:
- Professor Steven D. Colquhoun (US), Liver Transplant Surgeon, specialized in robotic surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA).
- Professor Thierry De Baere (FR), Head of the Therapeutic Imaging Department at Gustave Roussy Cancer Center (Villejuif).
- Professor Boris Guiu (FR), Interventional Radiologist, Head of St Eloi Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Montpellier University Hospital (Montpellier).
- Professor Nishita Kothary (US), Interventional Radiologist at Stanford University Medical Center (Stanford, CA).
- Professor David C. Madoff (US), Interventional Radiologist at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT).
Professor Luigi Solbiati (IT), Interventional Radiologist, pioneer of percutaneous liver ablation techniques, Professor of Radiology at Humanitas University (Rozzano – Milan), joins Professor Guy Vallancien (FR), urology surgeon, and pioneer of laparoscopic and robotic surgery, as honorary member of this Scientific Advisory Board.
Quantum Surgical is actively preparing to launch in Europe Epione®, a unique robotic platform designed to assist the physician in performing safer and more efficient percutaneous thermal ablations in the liver (a minimally invasive treatment in which a needle is inserted through the skin to the tumors to burn them).
“We are honored and delighted to expand our SAB with the appointment of Professor Thierry de Baere, who took part in our first clinical study in which 21 patients were successfully treated in France,” declares Bertin Nahum, CEO, and co-founder of Quantum Surgical. “We will continue to benefit from precious advice provided by these internationally renowned physicians to develop clinical adoption in the European and American markets.”
About Quantum Surgical
Co-founded in 2017 in Montpellier by Bertin Nahum, Quantum Surgical is an innovative medical robotic company developing a unique solution dedicated to minimally invasive liver cancer treatment. Liver cancer is the second most common and fatal cancer, affecting 840,000 new patients each year worldwide. Hepatic metastases affect three times as many patients (2,4 million new patients each year worldwide).
For more information, please visit Quantum Surgical and follow on LinkedIn and Twitter.